- Mahagenco has the highest overall generation capacity and the highest thermal installed capacity amongst all the state power generation utilities in india. In terms of installed capacity, it is the second highest generation company after NTPC.
- Mahagenco having generation capacity of 13602 MW comprising 10170 MW thermal, 2580 MW hydel, 672 MW gas turbine and 180 MWp solar; was established by government of maharashtra under the central electricity act-2003 with the principal objective of engaging in the business of generation of electricity, & mahagenco produces cheapest power for consumers in state.
- Mahagenco is committed to expanding the generation capacity to meet the ever-growing power supply need of maharashtra. The company is implementing a huge capacity addition programme.
- Mahagenco generates power for more than 1,50,00,000 end consumers in Maharashtra at economical and affordable rates.
- Mahagenco believes in quality management. All major thermal, hydel and gas turbine power stations have adopted the ISO 9001:2000 certification.
- Mahagenco is an eco-friendly power generating company and has received certification under ISO:14001 and ISO:18001 for its major power stations at Chandrapur, Koradi, Khaperkheda, Nasik, Paras, Parli and at Koyna and Uran power stations also.
- Mahagenco has a gross fixed asset base of Rs. 28346 crores (March 2014) with an annual turn over of about Rs. 16538 crores (March 2014).
- Mahagenco is powered by a dedicated and committed highly skilled work force of more than 15000.